Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) will announce new green initiative and awards at Annual Meeting in Vancouver
Wednesday, August 6th 2008 5:44:33pm
Attention: News, Assignment, Home, Reporters and Editors - Event Page and Calendar Editors
BOMEX® 2008, BOMA Canada\'s Annual National Conference and Exposition at Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre, September 30 – October 2, 2008.
The BOMEX 2008 theme of “On the Road to Green and Gold” will be fully developed through the focus on BOMA Canada\'s Environmental Certification Program and the inspirational presentation by Canadian Olympian Silken Laumann.
Conference Highlights include:
• The Awards Gala, where the BOMA Green Awards are presented. The Awards include the TOBY for the Office Building of the Year in several size categories, the Earth Award and the Pinnacle Award (for more detail www.bomacanada.ca/awards).
• Workshops on environmental sustainability in the commercial real estate sector
• The BOMEX® 2008 education program will focus on environmental sustainability with sessions including Carbon Footprinting and the Future of Energy. Additionally, other sessions will include Human Resources, Pandemic Management and Building Technology.
• The Corporate Sustainability Roundtable will include leading visionaries representing tenants, landlords and service providers who will discuss their success with incorporating green management practices
• Presentation by Dan Doyle, Executive VP – Construction - Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
Participants will enjoy timely education topics, informative panel discussions and outstanding networking opportunities
The complete 2008 BOMEX® conference agenda can be viewed at www.bomex.ca/conference.html
For more information or to secure media credentials, contact:
Nada Sutic, Manager - Green Initiatives, BOMA Toronto, 416-596-8065 ext. 28, email@example.com
Chris Torry, BOMEX Conference Organizer, 416-512-8186 ext. 280, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) of Canada is the voice of the Canadian commercial real estate industry with over 2,500 members in regional associations across Canada. On behalf of the building owners, managers, developers, facilities managers, asset managers, leasing agents, brokers, and the product and service providers to over 1.9 Billion square feet of commercial real estate in Canada, BOMA Canada addresses issues of national concern, and promotes excellence in the industry through information, education advocacy and recognition.